Michelle, from New Plymouth...
Delicious Double Chocolate Muffins
Absolutely devine chocolate muffins, moist texture with the added treat of melted chocolate, "YUMMY".
This is a recipe my Mum gave me, and I make them all the time.
The kids love them, so they are great for lunches or snacks.
Being a favourite, they never last long:-)
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Castor sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 100gms Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup natural yogurt
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use chocolate drops)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Melt butter.
- Add to a seperate bowl with butter, the remaining ingredients, except choc chips. (egg,yogurt,milk,vanilla)
- Mix Well until smooth.
- Add this combined mixture to the dry ingredients, then add choc chips/drops.
- Fold mixture until dampened but not smooth.
- Place in standard sized muffin tray. Usually 12
- Pre heat oven - Bake at 200 for 10-12 minutes.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|12-15 muffins||10-12 minutes||15 minutes|