Arch, from Freemans Bay...
This is a household favourite 'cos they're quick and easy to make, and the ingredients are really flexible.
1 Votes Since August 31st
- 1.5 cups self raising flour (or regular flour and one teaspoon of baking powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 200 gm cheese (a little less is ok, you can alter this to a cheddar/blue cheese mix, and fresh parmesan is also recommended).
- Savoury fillings: caramelised onions, chopped up cooked chorizo, spinach, roasted red pepper, roasted pumpkin/kumara, feta cubes. You can add almost anything you like.
- Mix the dry ingredients, this includes the cheese and savoury fillings. Mix carefully to avoid mashing all the ingredients together. You can add a pinch of paprika or black pepper to the mix to taste.
- Mix the wet ingredients well.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Don't over mix, it should be a stiff mixture.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin, garnishing the top. (A slice of tomato and some grated cheese works well, as do pumpkin seeds)
- Cook at 190 degrees celcius for 20 minutes or until muffin coloured.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Makes 12 muffins||20 minutes||45 minutes|