Joanne, from Kumara...
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
THIS IS A GREAT ONE FOR THOSE COLD DAYS IN THE WINTER. GREAT FOR A STARTER BEFORE A MEAL OR JUST ON ITS OWN WITH BREAD.
EASY TO MAKE . I HAVE BEEN MAKING IT FOR 19 YEARS NOW AND EVERY ONE LOVES IT.
JUST GIVE IT A GO, I DARE YOU!
- 1 Butternut Pumpkin
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Onion
- 1 Small bottle of cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Onion Stock
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Green Herb Stock
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the skin from the pumkin and cut into small peices.
- place in a pot filled with water and boil.
- Sautee onions, cut very finally
- Brown bacon, cut into small peices
- Drain the water off the cooked pumpkin and mash
- Add the cooked bacon and onions
- Now add Milk, Cream and water
- Stir in the Onion stock , Green Herb Stock, Nutmeg and salt and pepper
- GARNISH with a spoonful of sourcream and a sprig of parcley
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8||40 minutes||10 minutes|