Jodie, from Westport...
The Never Fail Kiwiana Quiche
This recipe is one of my all time favourites simply because as the title says it truely is Never Fail!
I have always struggled with quiche recipes as they would always turn out a flop, so this recipe has been created all by myself and with alot of practice to master the final recipe I'm only more than happy to share it with everyone.
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 rashs of bacon or 1 250g tin of pink salmon
- 2 Cups of grated cheese
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 tin of drained asparagus
- 2 Cups of vegies of your choice, eg.... Creamed corn, potatoes onion, silver beet, brocolli peas etc.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg (Bake)
- Mix eggs with fork
- Sift flour and baking powder to egg mixture
- Add cheese, bacon and vegetables and salt and peper
- Fold ingredents together making sure not to over mix
- Pour into greased quiche/flan dish
- Top with tomato and asparagus spears
- Place in oven for 1 hour
- Served with a fresh green salad it truely is a beautiful meal!
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6||1 Hour||20 minutes|