Karyn, from Somerfield...
Best Big Fat, Chewy, Mouthwatering Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are the pinnacle of perfection and the best cookies i have ever had and i am a BIG cookie fan!! They are MOUTHWATERING, CHEWY and EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT IN A COOKIE. They are especially good straight out of the oven.
I got the recipe of a website when i was looking for a recipe where the cookies would be like Mrs Higgins. I think these are even better.
Try them and with 1 bite you will have to agree they really are the best!
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (1cup white, 1 cup milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- Grease baking tray or line with baking powder.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Add sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- (use cadbury mild chocolate buds and nestle white chocolate bits both found in the baking aile).
- Put in fridge 15mins or more.
- Spoon onto baking tray.
- Cookies should be about 8 cm apart.
- Take out after exactly 15mins will be really soft but will set in a couple minutes.
- Then put onto wire rack
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|